ZOOM G5 PATCHES IMPORT ?

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
MANNIABLE

ZOOM G5 PATCHES IMPORT ?

Post by MANNIABLE » Sat Feb 21, 2015 9:20 pm

ZOOM G5- Just bought this unit , tried to import a patch from this site having difficulty importing it, believe it may be the file format, file is downloaded as G5P, file type when I try to import gives only one option of g5a,g3xa,g3a. Where am I going wrong please, any ideas :( :(

Fretsonfire

Re: ZOOM G5 PATCHES IMPORT ?

Post by Fretsonfire » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:33 pm

Maybe this would help ..just check this site---->https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bgoW52g8rBY
If it works pls do tell me... Rock on... :D

hbombIII

Post by hbombIII » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:20 pm

This is an important topic for those of us still using the 20 year old device. The g5p format are just for individual the patches, the g5a format is for the entire 297 patch patch group (do I have my numbers correct?). If you use a text editor you can see a g5a file and a g5p file.

I think you need to take whatever g5p file you get ahold of, open it in a text editor and manually copy and paste it into a section of unused or unneeded patches in a patch group file, edit a bit to make sure it saves exactly as before, that is, spaces, ailgnment, etc., but new replacement data/characters in the exact same place as the old patch, save it as a new g5a file and hope for the best.

I have not tried this. There are no discussions that I have found that show this to work, here or anywhere else, but it seems like it should. I will try and repost at a later date. If others have done so successfully or have a better method, let us know. I do not understand how people are posting g5p files. Are they going to the g5a file, extracting the patch and saving it as a subset using a text editor? Why? The g5a files is only on MB.

I have downloaded this patch editor as a complete web page and maybe it can help the process. Please comment if you have experience, not conjecture. This post was to give more context to the original unanswered question.

hbombIII

Post by hbombIII » Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:30 pm

This is a quick follow up. You can literally just drag and drop the patch from the window. Just hit the name of the patch and drag it away from GUI to your desktop or any other folder. The reverse is also true. You can take a g5p file and drag it to the name slot in your gui. This is not mentioned in the manual, is it?