Discuss patches/presets for Boss units
bsikula

Boston Guitar patch

Post by bsikula » Tue Sep 15, 2020 8:46 pm

Can Someone PLEEEAASSEEEE make a patch for the boston tone

6stringbandit

Re: Boston Guitar patch

Post by 6stringbandit » Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:10 am

Hi, i have couple Boss GT-Pros and have "Rockman" in its arsenal. I think 3 tones would usefull, real heavy, heavy, rhythm. I get real close, but since i can re-arrange pedals at will, its a very tricky sound, need a good Gate, so much mids and highs, How do you need the format, Syx or Gte (boss platform). If i knew how to skipe, we could dial exactly what you like and how much of many effects you want in or out. Please checkout the Boss GT-Pro on net, and see all effects listed, and presets of course. My email is eddyleger04@gmail.com......and we can set up patches for you to audition. Hope this help, anything you want. Be Well
The Sound, The Sound, Nothing but the Sound, Blue or Brown, Nothing but the Sound.

6stringbandit

Post by 6stringbandit » Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:46 am

Hi, great to connect with you. The GT-Pros do have a few great patches, presets are ok, but depends on the song from Boston, i get a (to me) some really good sounds. Depending which tones you want a rhythm patch, or lead patches?.....I get good results with SLDN on leads, but Hiwatt on leads, which cab, mike position, distance.......If you give me a song name, which part you want, i would be glad to put a few together for you. I dont know if you have access to a GT-Pro editor example, describe what you prefer and i'd be glad to post a few patches. What guitar are you using, i got 25 to pick from, i am mostly a Gilmour copicatt....lol......my email is eddyleger@gmail.com and i'll work on it. Be well
The Sound, The Sound, Nothing but the Sound, Blue or Brown, Nothing but the Sound.

6stringbandit

Post by 6stringbandit » Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:29 am

Hi, what i forgot to ask is which format you prefer (Gte.)(Syx.)? Which fx unit you are using? Do you have Exp pedal to use? i ask because i can put in, if you prefer a "Dynamic Sensitivity" twist which depends on picking lightly can be clean and heavy as you pick harder. The clean settings for 12 string guitar is great. It would be cool if you could suggest a list of "effects" you want in the signal chain. Please checkout either the GT-Pro editor (for glance at editor possibilities), or the editors on soundforge which has a great "editor" software so you may decide what fx you want, so you may try different options and keep track of them so you may know what made a patch good or not. The best patches i get for Pink Floyd stuff. Using one GT-Pro#1 as main and a second GT-Pro#2 as well as a GT-8 through both effect sends/returns on the GT-Pro#1. Its really cool on layered delays switching the fx send/return between series and parallel with the FC-300 midi controller. My english is a little screwed, i'm a kanuk....lol. Be Well