creating a "Liveset" folder per song Katana mk2

Discuss patches/presets for Boss units
Strangeguitar

creating a "Liveset" folder per song Katana mk2

Post by Strangeguitar » Thu Nov 25, 2021 9:00 pm

Hi, i can't figure it out. I can download "Livesets", but can i make a folder, and save it, recall it when i'm doing some recording on a song project. I asked a Boss source, said can't be done......why?????. I got a couple GT-Pros, i make a folder per song, recall "Patches" when working that song, pretty easy. Why can't i make a Liveset, save it, recall it when needed????.....can someone light the bulb in my head please......If i'm working on a song, maybe 4-8 patches, depending on what guitar i choose for a section of song/project. That's it.....i just want my Katana mk2 100 FX just to add that final ingredient to get a tone to record it, and save it. HELP......thank you, be well.

Strangeguitar

Re: creating a "Liveset" folder per song Katana mk2

Post by Strangeguitar » Mon Dec 13, 2021 5:41 am

Response to myself. Could not find in manuals the one and only issue with the Katana mk100. I have a folder for every song project, works great for patches and recall of such, after some thought i finally figured how......i make a liveset with the song project name, then i simply open the liveset and drag first patch to A:ch-1 , name the channel, then when i have that section tone locked in, i drag it to B:Ch-1 and so on. I can design Patches in my GT-Pro and have them in the livesets per section.
Now i got my Shine on you crazy Diamond liveset
i have 10 GT-Pro Patches per song with 8 "Livesets" slots
i drag them into the liveset per editor, save it to a :channel
and go from song section to section
the store all Shine on sounds saved in liveset.
just have many livesets and drag and drop each sound from editor to function then back to liveset for storage.
I love it.

MidlifeCrisis

Re: creating a "Liveset" folder per song Katana mk2

Post by MidlifeCrisis » Wed Oct 04, 2023 11:47 pm

I would imagine you could do this and a lot more with FX Floorboard in combination with a midi controller. I haven't exhausted BTS by itself yet, so while FX Floorboard is installed, I haven't used it yet. However, I did significant research on its functionality, which is very granular and brings a ridiculous amount of power and customization to Katana.

One example is the loader functionality, which expands the built-in 8 channels on the Katana 100 MK2, to 120 channels with the use of a midi controller for live use. For what you are trying to do, I think you may find using FX Floorboard, or a combination of BTS and FX Floorboard to be effective and bring more functionality to your live sets.

With the loader functionality alone, you could essentially group songs in banks (ie: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc) with 10 patches for each song, then just flip through them (obv you can organize however you see fit, doesn't need to be groups of 10).

It also significantly expands control over things like signal chain. Might be worth taking a look at for your use case!

Here's one recent vid that covers the loader, there's a lot more videos out there, just search for the current ones that cover the latest vs, aligning with the last major firmware update for Katana.... Here's the video I mentioned: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIKthBiA98g