G major not recognizing changes

Support forum for RealMajor
Klasicrokr

Re: G major not recognizing changes

Post by Klasicrokr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm

There is a: MIDIOUT2 (USB 2.0-M that is listed under Midi out that I have tried also but no luck (I think its -M I cant quite see the entire window)

I'm beginning to think that maybe I need a "Realmajor for Dummies" book or maybe I'm expecting this program to do more than its intended? If I download a patch from the site listed here and then open that patch in Realmajor, I should be able to just hit send to transfer it to my Gmajor correct? I am getting communication bewteen my comp and the Gmajor, its switching channels to a random channel though, and not changing the patch on my Gmajor to what I have selected in Realmajor. Sorry for all the questions but I am new to the midi world. Took me a good while to figure out how to set up my midimate pedal to control the Gmajor now I'm really excited about your program, just cant make it happen.

Klasicrokr

Post by Klasicrokr » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Ok I have a stupid question here, maybe this could be my issue. I can dump my user patches to the Realmajor program and they all come over fine. I tried to adjust them and send them back and still no luck. I'm using a usb to midi interface cable. Is the cable sufficient or do I need something else? Could that be my problem? It seems that I can take information from my Gmajor fine, I just cant send anything back. Once I get the list of my patches dumped, I can switch between those patches via the Realmajor interface no problem but I cannot make any changes nor can I add new ones.

haax
Site Admin

Post by haax » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:55 pm

There is two ways to make changes in the patches and send them to G-Major.
1. Make all your changes, for example turn on reverb and dial in the settings you want and then hit the "send" buttom up in the right corner.

2. Turn on the "RT" switch in the upper right corner, it's for RealTime. Everytime you change a knob RealMajor will send the changes to your G-Major.
/Haax
Administrator at guitarpatches.com

Effects/Amps: Zoom G2, Line 6 Amplifi FX100
Guitar: Signature Oracle

Klasicrokr

Post by Klasicrokr » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:01 pm

Yeah I have tried both ways and for some reason my Gmajor is not accepting this information. I made 5 user patches and dumped those to Realmajor. I can then change between those 5 patches in Realmajor and it switches the patches, but I cannot change any settings and send them over. Its like my Gmajor is not allowing any changes.

haax
Site Admin

Post by haax » Tue Feb 26, 2013 6:14 am

hmmm, strange
I'm out of ideas what it can be.

Do you have any midimappings?
Can you test another midi interface?
/Haax

haax
Site Admin

Post by haax » Thu Feb 28, 2013 7:49 pm

Maybe found the problem:

Make sure sysexid to 0 on your G-Major and you should be good to go.

Let me know if it works.
/Haax

lostgear

Post by lostgear » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:22 pm

Hi, Im getting the same problem. I can only receive the patches from the Gmajor, But any change or upload back is impossible so far. :|

haax
Site Admin

Post by haax » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:27 pm

Have you followed all the steps in this post?
http://guitarpatches.com/phpbb3/viewtop ... f=13&t=671

Also make sure you have the latest firmware in your G-Major (1.37 i think it is)
/Haax

lostgear

Post by lostgear » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:31 pm

I did the follow through but, my firmware is at 1.27 I cant seem to update it. The info wont back on the Gmajor

lostgear

Post by lostgear » Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:39 pm

I'll try a new midi cable, it might help. I´ll let you know if it solve my problem.