G2.1u, volume differences between patches ?

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
ren123

G2.1u, volume differences between patches ?

Post by ren123 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:31 pm

I hope someone have a quick fix for this question.

I have stored 15 patches or so in the G2.1u unit, but they vary in volume. I want different patches to have the same amount off volume. Now some are real low and some real high.

How do I fix that ?

And off course the opposite question ;) I want to have the same patch stored in 2 places ex A1 and A2 but with a slight increase in volume for the solo part in A2.

In short how do I set the volume as I want ?

Im new into this, so please excuse my stupid question and my english as I am from Sweden.

I'd be very grateful for your answers

ren123

Re: G2.1u, volume differences between patches ?

Post by ren123 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:33 pm

No ideas ?

neil02

Post by neil02 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:10 am

Hey man how's it going i had to set all my patch levels at 24 or so and amp emulator volume at 55..works for my line 6 amp pretty well..also turn down any drive or gain you have to a clean non distorted tone...i stored them all at that level in my user presets in edit and share...but really for me at least i had to spend time tweaking each patch to my liking...i have the G2.1DM...As far as duplicating patches but changing volume on one i had to to find a patch to overwrite in my user presets.

tilttest

Post by tilttest » Sat Dec 01, 2012 5:08 pm

Audacity ® 1.3.12-beta (ANSI) http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
This is a free recording program. Install the program. Plug in your Zoom to automatically open Edit&Share. Open Audacity. In Audacity, click on Menu selections -> Edit -> Preferences. In Audacity Preferences window, click on Devices, click the Recording Device down arrow and select Zoom Recording Mixer. Click OK. Return to Audacity main window. Double click on the (right) Input Level meter. Turn off all patches in Edit&Share. Turn Edit&Share Patch Level Output all the way up (120). Now strum your guitar and you should see your Zoom units output on the Audacity db meter. Turn on and adjust each effect output level (one at a time) so that you get a reading of -12db on the Audacity Input Level Meter. Final test. Activate all of the patches in the chain and the level should be right around the -12db range. If there's a noticable audible difference (usually because of multiple ambience patches) make the final adjustment audibly.