Zoom G5n patches on a Zoom G3n?

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
Beatnick

Zoom G5n patches on a Zoom G3n?

Post by Beatnick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:56 am

It's probably been discussed before, but I didn't see it listed when I did a search though. I did notice the G5n and G3n use the same extension, can a G5n patch be loaded into a G3n? Obviously if it's a patch using all 9 effect slots it's a solid no, but what about other patches. Has anyone tried it and are there any risks? For that matter, what about the new G1four? can they be loaded into the G3n? I think it's a shame that the G3n doesn't seem to get a lot of recognition compared to other units. I'm loving mine and I found it at a pawn shop for $60.
Last edited by Beatnick on Fri Apr 19, 2019 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
beatnicksodyssey.bandcamp.com

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously

Beatnick

Re: Zoom G5n patches on a Zoom G3n?

Post by Beatnick » Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:36 am

I just ran a few tests of my own. Nothing worked with Zoom Guitar Lab, but I've had issues loading some G3n patches with Zoom Guitar Lab. I did have to use Tonelib, the G1four patches gave an error invalid patch format message. The G5n ones did load with no problem through Tonelib though. I am curious whether the whole patch is there though. Both of the patches I tried (new SRV patch and Mr Crowley) showed 7 effect slots being used which made me think it might just ignore the last 2 effect slots if they are there, but I don't know that for sure though.
beatnicksodyssey.bandcamp.com

Zoom equipment I currently own
G3n, G3, R8, G1, PS-04, 508, 505 II

It's only music, don't take it so seriously