File Format GX3A & GX3P !

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
Technojunkie

File Format GX3A & GX3P !

Post by Technojunkie » Thu Dec 17, 2015 7:49 pm

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum but certainly not new to the world of guitars !

I have recently bought a Zoom G3X and, having found this website, downloaded a patch to import to the G3X. However, the file extension of the downloaded patch is *.gx3p but, when I try and import a patch into the Edit & Share software, it will only recognise files with the extension *.g3xa and not *.3gxp. I tried renaming the file extension but that made no difference. I am using a Windows PC running Windows 10 And any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Disco Rew

Re: File Format GX3A & GX3P !

Post by Disco Rew » Tue Dec 22, 2015 3:57 am

You might want to try reinstalling Edit & Share.
I've only had my G3X for a month and i have no problems downloading and using patches from this site with the *.g3xp extension. I'm also using Win10.

Seth Miller

Post by Seth Miller » Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:01 pm

Same issue here. Re-installed program twice. It will only import .gx3a files. Zoom G3 has latest firmware.

Seth

EDIT: I figured something out. The .g3xp files have to be imported to the a new patch group and not the library pane. The .g3xa files can be imported to the library pane. Hope this makes sense

Seth Miller

Post by Seth Miller » Wed Feb 10, 2016 12:50 am

So I've been playing around with some patches and I've noticed an aggravating little bug or maybe it's just a lack of understanding, but when I'm playing a song with a downloaded patch the following issue occurs. For example, playing Satisfaction by the Rolling Stones when I disable the fuzz expression by pushing the button on my G3, the whole tone disappears and defaults back to a tone that came installed on the G3. I tried other songs as well and all have the same bug, disabling any of the expressions, reverts the tone back to a G3 installed tone. I don't think this should be happening.

Seth

echitekdung

Post by echitekdung » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:53 pm

Seth Miller wrote:Same issue here. Re-installed program twice. It will only import .gx3a files. Zoom G3 has latest firmware.

Seth

EDIT: I figured something out. The .g3xp files have to be imported to the a new patch group and not the library pane. The .g3xa files can be imported to the library pane. Hope this makes sense
thanks sir.. but how about g3xa.xml ? i thought i have to change it to JUST g3xa .. but how?

Richardovellee

File Format GX3A GX3P

Post by Richardovellee » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:41 am

Thanks for your reply,
yes there definitely is something on track 1 so thats not the issue. I have downloaded file manager several times now but no difference. The fader track is there but the actual fader slider isnt there if that makes any sense. Is that the same problem you had?

SFDonovan

Post by SFDonovan » Wed May 03, 2017 1:19 pm

Seth Miller wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2016 10:01 pm Same issue here. Re-installed program twice. It will only import .gx3a files. Zoom G3 has latest firmware.

Seth

Sorry for bumping a year old post, but are we talking Zoom's Guitar Lab? How do you import to a new patch group?

I'm very surprised these products have been on the market for years and there is very little documentation. I can't find much of anything for Guitar Labs but a small 1:38 second Youtube video titled Zoom G5n: Downloading New Effects and Patches.