Edit & Share - does not recognise downloaded files - HELP!!

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
clearyrich

Edit & Share - does not recognise downloaded files - HELP!!

Post by clearyrich » Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:03 pm

Hi everyone,

Just got my new GX3 pedal yesterday. Loaded "Edit & Share" fine and it recognises all the onboard patches. I have been messing happily with the patches, creating folders and copy/pasting etc. no problem BUT.......

I am getting absolutely nowhere with importing online patches from guitarpatches.com. I have searched this forum and elsewhere to find out what I am doing wrong but cannot find any answers to my specific isuues as follows:

1. Downloading the patch (from guitarpatches.com) works fine i.e. the file e.g. "LizzyLeap" shows up on my laptop as a .g3px file in the download folder i have created on the pc. Having checked the file properties it confirms that "Edit & Share" is the program for 'opening' the file.
2. When I click to open the file nothing happens (shouldn't "Edit & Save" open it automatically? Perhaps not but then.....
3. Additionally when I go to "Edit & Save" and click on "IMPORT" the downloaded LizzyLeap.g3px file on my laptop is nowhere to be found. It just shows an empty window where I know the LizzyLeap file definitely is (i.e when I view my downloads folder)

What am I doing wrong? This is driving me crazy after hours of trying.

Hope someone can help. I admit in advance I am a computer dinosaur who has trouble with every piece of guitar gear with a pc connection.
Cheers,
Richard

haax
Site Admin

Re: Edit & Share - does not recognise downloaded files - HEL

Post by haax » Wed Sep 30, 2015 5:01 am

Hello Richard

Have you looked at this topic?
http://guitarpatches.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=130
/Haax
Administrator at guitarpatches.com

Effects/Amps: Zoom G2, Line 6 Amplifi FX100