Zoom G3 V. 2 patches file extensions

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
necaruso

Zoom G3 V. 2 patches file extensions

Post by necaruso » Sun Sep 09, 2012 3:05 pm

Hi,

I'm trying to import patches thru Edit&Share to my computer. The file extension for the patches I downloaded is g3p but apparently the program doesn't recognise it cause it needs a g3a. Any help about this?

Thanks in advance

Melonos

Re: Zoom G3 V. 2 patches file extensions

Post by Melonos » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:54 pm

You can import .g3p files as well as .g3xp files, but there is a difference to .g3xa or .g3a files. (the x means that these are files for firmware version 2)

The g3(x)a files containing THE WHOLE database of the zoom g3. So can only import this by overwriting (!) you device in Edit &Share via File-->Import

If you want to import .g3(x)p files WHICH ARE CONTAINING ONLY ONE SOUND (!) you need to select one slot in Edit&share - for example A0 - and then right click on the slot and choose import.

Thats all....

necaruso

Post by necaruso » Sun Sep 16, 2012 12:51 am

Thanks a lot!!!

kencronin

Post by kencronin » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:58 am

Hi,

I can import .g3xp patches directly into the Zoom G3 via Edit and Share. However, when I attempt to import the same patch into a group created on my computer I get and import error message. The Edit and Share software is version 5.0.0.0.

Anyone got any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong ?

echitekdung

Post by echitekdung » Mon Apr 04, 2016 4:50 pm

Melonos wrote:You can import .g3p files as well as .g3xp files, but there is a difference to .g3xa or .g3a files. (the x means that these are files for firmware version 2)

The g3(x)a files containing THE WHOLE database of the zoom g3. So can only import this by overwriting (!) you device in Edit &Share via File-->Import

If you want to import .g3(x)p files WHICH ARE CONTAINING ONLY ONE SOUND (!) you need to select one slot in Edit&share - for example A0 - and then right click on the slot and choose import.

Thats all....
thanks sir.. but how about .g3xa.xml ?? i cant import on edit and share - file - import .. i thought i have to change g3xa.xml to JUST g3xa but.. how?

Analogman

Post by Analogman » Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:25 am

Melonos wrote:You can import .g3p files as well as .g3xp files, but there is a difference to .g3xa or .g3a files. (the x means that these are files for firmware version 2)

Thats all....
If I select a slot in Edit and Share and right click on it, I only have the options for copy, export and rename. Import is not in the list.
I have the latest version of Edit and Share, and the latest firmware for my G3X also.