Zoom G2

Discuss patches/presets for zoom units
Dark_Panther

Zoom G2

Post by Dark_Panther » Wed May 02, 2012 12:41 am

I need some help to create some patches to play some Solos like Trash Metal, Heavy Metal from 80's and a nice clean tone for play many musical genres.
Someone can help me?

Gokh

Re: Zoom G2

Post by Gokh » Sat May 12, 2012 2:38 pm

For a metal solo patch, try to use the Extreme Distortion (Ed), with booster, compressor, hall or room reverb, high eq. and some chorus. Delay will sound good, but there solos that you will need it, and solos that not. If you want a 70´s sound, use the Peavey Simulation (PV) or the Marshall Drive (Md). The Spring Reverb will help you too to get a most "classical" sound. Remember that high eq. will fry your ears if you exaggerate, but the patch is your, so make it like your taste.
Now, for the clean tone, you won´t use a lot of effects. The booster will distort your sound, so I wouldn´t recommend it. Just a clean amp and an equilibrated eq. will be enough, but if you´re wanting a kind of metal ballad sound, add chorus. The room reverb will give you just an little upgrade, but will make a great difference. For something like "Sanitarium", use the Spring Reverb and Vibrato. And always remember: High volumes on the patch or in the amp simulation will distort your sound too. Be careful.
The Noise Reduction you will adjust like you need.
Hope it helps you ;D

yudihendram

Re: Zoom G2

Post by yudihendram » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:10 am

Hi...
I am a new member of this forum... Could anyone help me...
I am a big fan of steve vai... i'd love to create sound like him as well.... please give me the explanations... im sorry if my english was not quite good... i use zoom G2 and behringer Vamp Pro :roll: