Kenackr - Recovering From Carpal Tunnel

Here you can tell us something about you.
kenackr

Kenackr - Recovering From Carpal Tunnel

Post by kenackr » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Hi all !

I'm recovering from Carpal Tunnel and the doc says I can return to playing in about 30 days if I don't mess anything up before then. I played in cover bands (didn't most of us?) in earlier days and had a blast. Lots of college parties, house band for beach bars during the summer (uber cool), and so on. Went in the service and playing stopped completely while I was in. Started playing again when I moved to Laguna Beach (CA).

Shifted over to mostly keys and put my own recording studio together (just for my own purposes, but did some work for local bands too). Bought a small music store (rock shop - guitars, percussion, keys, electronics, etc), added a sound company (both installs for Churches & Commercial (businesses, ice rinks, Museum upgrades) & On site Running live sound gigs), wound up fixing the failing sound system in Cincinnati River Front Stadium and ran sound for Pro Football (Bengals) for a bit (now replaced with newer stadium).

2 Big box music stores moved to within 4 miles of my location, each of which spent a million $/month in advertising, they bought product way below what I could and that's when I saw the writing on the wall. GET OUT NOW !

Oh yeah, my administrative assistant embezzled $150k and the plug was pulled. Never got a dime back, but she went to prison.

I think I got the makin's of a country song !!!! LOL

It's all true, and now I just am easing back into playing because it sustains me and gets my head right. Can't live without it.

Happy Trails Buckaroos !