New Here

Here you can tell us something about you.
Mick88

New Here

Post by Mick88 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:40 am

Hey Fellas,
New on board here. Played electric blues over 20 years ago but then got addicted to fingerpickin' country blues on a custom built vintage flattop acoustic. Recently got the itch to go electric again thanks to Black Keys so I just took delivery on a PRS built Les Paul type clone, modestly priced but amazing build quality. Anywaysss...lookin forward to gettin back into some of the good old time rippin' solos Sympathy, American Woman etc. I gotta mention I'm blown away with how technology has changed the field since the old days of experimenting to find sounds. The patches available for a modern guitarist is unbelievable. How I wish I had this stuff years ago. I feel like I been reborn like a little kid in a candy store. Todays modeling amps and effects processors pretty much allow a guitarist to concentrate on his chops without wasting endless hours fiddling with knobs searchin for the sound of this or that tune. Altho on second thought maybe not hehe....so many patches to play with now it might be just as bad....I've still got my old Peavey rig and a couple of my stomp boxes that still work but I feel like a beginner all over again. Just picked up a Korg Pandora mini and it's astounding the patches it puts at your fingertips in such a small unit. Glad to be on board now I'm off to do some searchin then into the woodshed.

Mick